It's all about the spices in this delicious take on a classic ribeye.
2 pounds trimmed Australian grass-fed ribeye
Tasmanian Pepper Rub
2 teaspoons coarsely ground Tasmanian pepper berries
1 teaspoon finely ground Coffee beans
1 teaspoon Granulated garlic
1/8 teaspoon citric acid
1/8 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
1 teaspoon coarsely ground Black peppercorns
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
To garnish fresh tomato puree
To garnish carrot top garbanzo puree
To garnish Kakadu plum mustard
To garnish Hibiscus leaves
1. Start a live fire using your favorite hardwood.
2. For the rub: Combine pepper berries, coffee, garlic, citric, Aleppo, black pepper and salt.
3. Tie ribeye to a spit, rub with the seasoning blend and roast to desired temperature.
4. To serve: Slice into a 4-ounce portion and plate over the carrot top and tomato puree.
5. Top with Kakadu plum mustard and hibiscus leaves. Serve immediately.
Chef Notes: Roast in a convection oven at 450F if live fire is not available.